Permanent Laser Hair Removal – Some Questions and Answers
Here at Innovations Advanced Skincare & Beauty we endorse all of our treatments on a daily basis but the one we would like to share with you today is Permanent Laser Hair Removal. We are going to address some of the frequently asked questions, providing you with in-depth and knowledgeable answers. From our perspective, this form of hair removal treatment is one of the best medical grade lasers on the market, there’s no need to consider waxing or shaving. We are one of the leading salons in the area we are highly trained in permanent hair removal procedures and are proud to offer this treatment with such long lasting results. So if you’ve got embarrassing hair growth, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
What exactly is Cynosure Laser
You will be pleased to learn that this form of permanent hair removal is it is the safest option currently available on today’s market. Using the most up-to-date technology, this method proves timely and efficient when carried out by a trained professional.
How does it work?
In essence, Laser treatment is designed to cause long-lasting damage to target hair follicles. This in turn prevents the re-growth of the hair. By heating over the required area, the applicator used varies in temperature to ensure maximum effect. Released are short energy pulses that directly target the hair follicle whilst dissuading return, al whilst blowing out cold area to minimise discomfort.
How long will the actual treatment take?
Lucky for customers, they can pop across on a dinner hour. The treatment itself can take as little as five minutes! If the area is relatively small and this will be reflected in the allocated time. A facial treatment will take on average 10 minutes with both legs eating into just 50 minutes of your lunch break – ideal!
How many treatments will I need to achieve the required results?
For permanent hair removal to be successful you will need around 6-8 sessions. This will be discussed with you upon initial enquiry as we like to ensure our clients are fully informed of all aspects when it comes to the treatments we offer. Facial treatments are 4 week apart and body treatments 6 weeks apart.
Is Cynosure laser hair removal suitable for everyone?
Cynosure is one of the only treatments available offering suitability for all skin types. This machine offers both a Alex 755 laser and and Nd-yag laser for darker skin tones. The procedure is suitable all-year round however clients must refrain from using fake tan at least 2 weeks prior to the area being treated and the use of sunbeds is prohibited whilst under going a course of treatment. Those with sunny holidays booked can still enjoy laser treatments however a broad spectrum SPF must be worn and treatment timings will be altered. Laser can be performed 7 days before flying to sunny climates but on return for those who are tanned we recommend around 4 weeks before the next laser session commences.
Is It Safe?
Absolutely, Cynosure is a medical grade device back by science and clinical studies.
Is preparation required before my treatment?
In order for the treatment to be as successful as it possibly can be there are a few requirements to take on board:
- Please ensure the area to be treated is free from ALL topical solutions
- Shaving is required 2-12 hours prior – any sooner can result in heightened sensitivity during the process
- Avoid exposure to the sun on the area to be treated.
- Cease use of tanning creams two weeks before treatment
- Avoid bleaching, plucking, waxing, epilation and any other forms of hair removal for 4 weeks prior
- Do not use essential oils 48 hours prior
- Depilatory creams should be avoided 1 week before treatment commences
- Cold sore medication can be taken five days before and five days after treatment
- Should you be on antibiotics it is recommended to leave a two week gap between taking them and starting treatment
So I’ve had my treatment – what’s the aftercare routine?
- Soothing lotions such as aloe vera can be used should any redness or swelling occur – this is highly unlikely
- It is recommended to avoid perfumes and deodorants for 24-48 hours after a treatment
- Hot baths, saunas, jacuzzi, massage or athletic activities are best to avoid for 2-3 days after treatment
- Post treatment sun exposure is not recommended and due to increased skin sensitivity we suggest a factor 30 to be on the safe side alongside no sunbeds.
- Antihistamines are perfect for alleviating any itches that rarely arise
- Avoid skincare containing AHA, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Retinoic Acid (Retina A) for 3-5 days after treatment
Why is there a wait time of 4-6 weeks between each session?
As our hair has different stages of growth, it’s ideal to focus the session on the same stage each time, this will provide optimal results.
Can laser help with ingrown hairs?
Yes, Laser works much better than IPL when it comes to the reduction of ingrown hair. For even better results we suggest that you exfoliate 2 days before your session to help get rid of dead skin and 2x per week following the laser session, waiting a min of 72hrs after your laser treatment. We have special ingrown hair mitts available to purchase in the salon to use throughout your course of treatment.
The most important aspect post treatment is the maintenance of a good skincare routine and this involves frequent hydration/moisturisation on a daily basis.
For more information on Permanent Laser Hair Removal in Stockton, Contact Innovations today
So there you have it – your questions answered on this highly effective form of hair removal. If you would like to find out a little bit more and how this treatment will benefit you, at Innovations we provide CynoSure Elite+, please speak to the leading experts here at Innovations Advanced Skincare & Beauty of Stockton and call today. For before and after results, click here, you can also book an appointment here.